Total Pageviews

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Amazing Treasure on our Saturday morning hunt!

Saturday morning dawned cool and crisp, my DH, Wayne asked me..."ya want to go "garaging?"  I took my last swig of yummy coffee (with coffeemate pumpkin pie creamer)...and we were on our way.  

The first stop was a HUGE score! We purchased a beveled glass and iron  sofa table, with two matching end tables...yes, both with the same stunning beveled glass.  How much did we pay for them you ask....*drum roll please*.....$20.00! Can you believe it??!!!!! $20.00!!! Lord have mercy...I could have carried those tables home of my back if it were needed!! LOL!


                                isn't she a beauty? look at the fancy ironwork!

                                        What a great place to put my Father's old song book!

                                                         Oh, yes...I'm in love~

                                        End table number one with a picture of my sweet mom and daddy.

                   End table number two, with a pitcher from my Jewel Tea Dishes collection.


Then our very next stop...sitting in the morning dewy grass..there she sat.  She was a bit dusty, and sad looking. Lonely looking really...but when our eyes met...it was love at first sight. And yes, I am speaking about a chair...a small elegant chair...just right for our "little girls room" for our granddaughters.  She won't be lonely any longer.  She cost a whole $3.00~  My sweet DH, is going to reupholster her as soon as we find just the fabric.

                                her fabric is a bit worn, but still very lovely.

After a good bath, and tightening of her legs...

A darling little pillow, that was just her size, and she was perfect.  The sweet little cream color pillow with fancy edging was found at Thrift for a mere $0.99!

                         Such a darling little pillow, with lots of detail..for pennies!

What a treasure hunt...and what awesome rewards!!
Total cost for our day of delightful hunting...$23.00!
Thank you for coming over to see my new (old) treasures, I sure enjoyed your stay!
blessings,
rebecca

4 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG! You did score sweet lady, I'm in love with your tables too, what a find! Ok, the pretty chair was almost a total gift...how nice for your grands room! Congrats and thanks for sharing. I am your new follower too, hope you visit me and follow back if you wish. Have a wonderful week. FABBY

Chubby Chieque said...

Lovely...

Loving the serving table. Is it the right name?

Million ty for sharing your gorgeous home.

Greetings from chilly Stockholm,
/chie

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

You definitely hit the jackpot. Love your new tables and the chair is perfect. The little pillow is fantastic too. I need to shop in your area. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty