Total Pageviews

Monday, October 3, 2011

the thrifty nifty old bird cage!




I was at one of our local thrift stores (where they know me by name!),,, and there it was,..in all it's splendor. The old bird cage sat there, beautifully chipped up! This cage was waiting just for me. I snatched it up fast as lightening..hurried home..gave the old sweet thing a bath...and fell in love! For now, I have her hanging over the snack bar...and if you look closely inside you will see a small nest with two darling little eggs, an old journal with ribbon marker, and a "fall pick" with lovely feathers. It is such fun to find the treasures! Thank you for spending time with me and my sheets blowing on the line.
Be blessed today and be a blessing!
rebecca

3 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great find and how fun to decorate it for fall. I love the idea of the journal and the feather pick is so appropriate for the season. Very pretty. Thanks for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

Sheets on the line, love in my heart. said...

thank you marty..you are a true marvel girl!! you have been my inspiration on a daily basis! have a wonderful relaxing vacation!
blessings,
rebecca

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

What a fantastic find! I love birdcages. Have several of them. Found you via The House in the Roses. Toodles, Kathryn http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2011/10/chest.html