Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Brown transfer ware...so pretty!



In childhood...I hated brown...BUT... I am all grownup now and BROWN is a favorite!
Today I wanted to share with you some of my brown transfer ware.  My most treasured piece, belonged to my grandmother Grace Hoit. She placed many a turkey or roast on the lovely old platter.  I carries with it stains from meals gone by.  It is priceless to my heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Here are two bargain pitchers from MARSHALL'S..they were each $3.99! Don't you just love a bargain?  They really look antique, don't they?  Let's keep our bargain a bit of a secret!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 The back stamp on the lovely lady is German.  I know she is made of ironstone and is very heavy. I purchased her on EBAY, for more money than I will admit too. This might be a secret too. :) If you filled it with tea or milk, I really don't think you could lift it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


                         They are perfect for fall, don't you think? 

            Well, now you have met all the "Majestic Brown Ladies."
Find beauty in your surroundings, search it out...it's there. Beauty in everyday things.  Just look with a thankful heart, and I promise you will find it!


blessings,
rebecca











No comments: